I’ve mentioned previously that Snugglepot and Cuddlepie holds a special place in my heart, because it was one of the first books I read by myself.
However, I don’t wish to be redundant, so my answer for today is: Just Annoying, written by Andy Griffiths and illustrated by Terry Denton. The Just! Series is a collection of stories narrated by a young boy named Andy who winds up in hilarious and simple-minded situations. Not only did Griffiths write great stories for kids, but Denton also made the series memorable with his quirky doodles in the margins (as well as a flip-book picture-story in the corners of the pages).
Is this the right book for you?
Take the ANNOYING TEST and find out.
- Do you ask ‘Are we there yet?’ over and over on long car trips?
- Do you like to drive people mad by copying everything they say and do?
- Do you hog the shower and use up all the hot water?
- Do you enjoy asking silly questions that have no real answers?
- Do you swing on the clothesline whenever you get the chance?
SCORE: One point for each ‘yes’ answer.
3-5 You are obviously a very annoying person. You will love this book.
1-2 You are a fairly annoying person. You will love this book.
0 You don’t realise how much fun being annoying can be. You will love this book.
- Love The Bad Guy