The awesome Chris of ChrisWhiteWrites recently presented me with the Liebster Award. Woo hoo! Thanks Chris!
Now, the odd thing is that I’ve won this award in the past. It is, as Chris termed it, essentially an Internet high-five, given with the purpose of encouraging bloggers to keep doing what they’re doing. To have won this twice is brilliant, but here’s the weird thing:
It doesn’t even seem like the same award.
The logo has changed. The rules and requirements have changed. There seems now to be some kind of “11″ motif. You know what that means? … I get to respond to this award all over again, and pretend it’s a completely different one! Awww yeah.
So, I present the Liebster Award Rules:
- When you receive the award, post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (and notify the blogger that you nominated them). Do not nominate the blogger who gave you the award.
- Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- Paste the award picture into your blog.
- My highest scoring character on Super Smash Bros. 64 is Kirby.
- The chair I’m sitting in is named Po. Because I name everything.
- The book I’ve probably read the most times is Spud by John Heffernan.
- I received four brightly coloured ramekins for Christmas, which are awesome.
- I once had a dream that I was Voldemort’s daughter, and he sent me to go spy on and/or murder Harry Potter, but then I was all like, “Hey Harry, you’re pretty cool, we should run away together”, and he was like, “Yeah, OK.” So we did, but then Daddy Voldemort found us and was all “Avada Kedavra!” and killed my boyfriend, so I was like, “Not cool, Dad.” And then we went home.
- It costs eighty-freaking-dollars for a parking permit at my university. Not really a random fact about me, but I’m so pissed off about it that I need to vent.
- I still haven’t ever been pulled over by a cop. Not even for an RBT.
- I’ve never eaten sushi.
- When I was in primary school, I saw a tiny, confiscated silver toy car on the teacher’s desk, and I really liked it, so I kinda stole it. The guilt of that stolen car never left me…
- I’m a little bit of a hoarder. “No, we can’t throw that out, I might need it!” … “You might need this piece of cardboard?” … “Well. Yeah. I dunno, maybe?”
- I’m also a little bit anal, in the sense that I MUST have the TV volume on an even number or a multiple of five, and in the sense that this whole “11″ motif is making my eye twitch…
Now, time to answer Chris’ 11 (twitch) questions:
- What are three things you enjoy doing everyday?
Reading books, eating Nutella and breathing oxygen.
- What scares you the most, and why?
Moths. Because they fly at my eyeballs, and want to kill me.
- If you could be a character in any book you’ve ever read, who would you be and why?
Nymphadora Tonks. Not only would I live in a world of magic, I would be able to change my appearance at will, and I’d be married to Remus Lupin. WIN!
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Crack all my knuckles. Annoying to other people, sooooooo satisfying to me.
- How many roads must a man walk down?
Three hundred and ninety-four.
- Who is your favourite author?
Ahhh, Chris! Duuuuude. Too hard. But I suppose I’ll go with J.K. Rowling, author of this generation’s most influential series, and an inspiring woman who rose from “nothing” to be so successful.
- If you could be anywhere right now, where would that be?
Rome, man. And I wouldn’t be coming back!
- If you could be anywhen right now, when would that be?
Somewhere around 2113. Just to check out what’s happening. We got that cancer cure yet? What are my descendants up to? Anyone been to Mars? Have we reached one million Pokémon yet? We must be close…
- Grab the book nearest you, turn to page 72. Write the third sentence.
“When the grave covered them they became pure spirits, beneficent, the guardians of mankind.”
- To be or not to be?
Not 2B. I prefer HB. (tiddy-boom)
- What is your favourite animal, and why?
Now, I know I’ve answered this before… So, heck, I’ll copy/paste that answer! Cats, hands-down. Nothing like a pet that showers you with affection when you get home… Well, sometimes. Other times, they’ll just look you up and down like “What do you want, a hug? You’ve only been gone for a few hours.”
Sweet Jesus on a bicycle, this is a long post. I’m now supposed to pick 11 bloggers, but the thing is, many of the blogs I follow don’t accept/give awards. They have a schedule and they stick to it. So, I’m breaking away from “11″, and giving the award to a special few:
- Katy at Storytelling Nomad
- Stef at Dodging Commas
- Spider at Anansi’s Web
- Hannah at The (Writer’s) Waiting Room
That will do, yes?
Now, bloggers, I present you with your 11 questions:
- Who is your literary soul-mate, and why?
- What is your least favourite book of all time?
- Facebook or Twitter?
- Cats or dogs?
- What superpower do you wish you could have?
- What is your favourite season of the year?
- FanFiction — yay or nay?
- What are the constants in your refridgerator?
- You and one book character hero are stranded on an island. Who is the hero?
- Same island, but you’re trapped with the bad guy! Who’s your villain of choice?
- What is the story behind your blog’s name?
…I think I need to go lie down for a while.
- Love The Bad Guy